Specialist fire, intruder, CCTV and safety company
We provide our customers with information and guidance to make sound decisions
for on-going maintenance of fire doors. Be compliant!
Fire Doors - The rules and regulations!
To comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, fire door installation and maintenance is a key requirement for every business and establishment to which the Order applies.
When incorporated as part of passive fire protection of a building, a well maintained and fully operational fire door will help prevent the spread of fire and smoke between separate compartments of a structure and enable occupants to escape safely from the building.
As part of a fire risk assessment we can perform, we can identify where fire doors should be installed and used to separate escape routes from hazards aiding in the emergency evacuation process, by providing valuable time for escape.
- Are your fire doors certified?
- Are the gaps between the leaf and frame 3mm (+/- 1mm)?
- Are intumescent seals fitted, not damaged or missing?
- Hinges all firmly fixed and no screws missing?
- Do handles and any panic hardware work?
- Do doors close in a controlled manner and free from obstruction?
- Do door selectors operate correctly?
- Is any glass firmly fixed?
- Do all fire doors display the correct signage and is it legible?
- Has an industry professional recently inspected and serviced them?
Know the law!
Fire doors are installed for one purpose only, and that is to provide valuable time to allow escape in the event of a fire. Their proper use is governed by law, and the results of breaking this are severe. PEOPLES LIVES ARE AT RISK.
There are many ways to legally keep a fire door open, this is not one of them.
Westcountry Fire Protection can supply, install, and maintain many devices that are legal.
|our accreditations and approvals are testimony to our comittment to maintain our position as leading fire & safety company